My go-to and most tried-and-true M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with red, white & blue M&M’s as we head into the last weekend of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
If you know me, you know I don’t let any occasion, holiday or event go by without celebrating. Big or small, I will have a recipe, gift or photo op prepared. I am a self-proclaimed Certified Celebrator.
For this weekend, I am calling these cookies – Team USA Cookies, but using the red, white and blue M&M’s can also be a great way to celebrate the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and more!
This is my favorite and easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe (using very basic baking ingredients). What I like most about it, other than how ooey, gooey and delicious they are is that you can add any color M&M’s to them to accommodate and holiday or celebration. And for every day baking, regular M&M’s.
I did find these Patriotic M&M’s during the 4th of July season, but I did find a container of Red, White & Blue M&M’s available online for purchase year-round.
My old go-to recipe used box vanilla pudding mix, but since then I have perfect this recipe without it and I don’t think I will ever go back! I personally use the mini milk chocolate chips for this recipe, but regular milk chocolate chips will work as well.
Speaking of M&M’s.. check out this other Olympics inspired treat I made using M&M’s. baked a tray of brownies with cream cheese frosting and designed the Olympic rings using each color. How fun, right?! I will definitely be brainstorming more Olympic content for the upcoming Winter Games in February.
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/2 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • 3/4 cup butter, softened
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- • 1/2 cup Patriotic M&M’s + ¼ cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture about ½ cup at a time. Mix until well combined and dough thickens.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and ½ cup M&M’s.
- Scoop and roll dough into balls (about 2-3 tbsp each) and place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Then press in remaining M&M’s on top. Return to oven and bake an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes.