This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. The opinions and text are all mine. #GortonsHolidayAppetizers #Ad
With the chaos of the busy holiday season around us, the last thing we want is to spend forever in the kitchen preparing food for holiday gatherings. I’ve got the EASIEST and TASTIEST holiday appetizer recipe for you to take to your next holiday party!
It uses minimal ingredients, it’s simple to make and it is SO, SO delicious. Plus, who doesn’t love seafood?!
These Prosciutto Wrapped Apple & Shrimp Bites are packed full of flavor and texture.
From bottom to top this recipe has it all – a sweet, but slightly tart slice of Honeycrisp apple, wrapped in sweet and salty prosciutto, topped with creamy brie cheese (and a sprig of lettuce for a pop color), then completed with a crispy piece of Gorton’s Butterfly Shrimp and drizzle of balsamic glaze.
It’s the PERFECT appetizer!
We always have Gorton’s Butterfly Shrimp stocked in our freezer for convenient and delicious snacks for holiday entertaining. It’s always a huge hit with our guests and seem to disappear faster than I can blink. Be sure to grab a box or two during your next grocery run. They are so versatile, but I highly suggest trying them in this Prosciutto Wrapped Apple & Shrimp Bite recipe.
I know I say this often, but this really might be Jared’s favorite thing I have ever made.
I wasn’t even finished photographing this recipe before he started grabbing it off my set and eating it. He then proceeded to eat almost all of them!
- 1 (9.2 oz) box Gorton’s Butterfly Shrimp
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, sliced into rounds & seeds removed
- 6 oz sliced prosciutto
- 6 oz soft brie cheese (I used a spreadable brie instead of from a wedge or wheel)
- 12 sprigs lettuce
- Balsamic glaze
- Cook shrimp according to box instructions. While shrimp is baking, wrap each apple slice in a piece of prosciutto.
- Place each wrapped apple slice in a frying pan and sear about 2 minutes on each side or until prosciutto is crispy. Remove from heat, and immediately top with desired amount of brie.
- Top with sprig of lettuce, then 1 piece of Gorton’s Butterfly Shrimp. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm and enjoy!