Day #5 of my 2020 Cookie Week as brought us these AMAZING Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This recipe was inspired by my Mom.
Every Christmas, my Dad buys my Mom a giant bag of pistachios. She LOVES them and so each year he gets her the Costco size bag and wraps them up for her with her other gifts. So when I think of pistachios, I think of Christmas because of this tradition that they have.
Out of all the cookies I made for Cookie Week, these are one of my favorites. I topped them with course sea salt to amp up the sweet and salty pairing and they are so delicious!
Pro tip: These keep for about a week in a sealed container, but they do harden. I love to heat them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften them and melt the chocolate for the ooey-gooey factor.
Let’s dive in..
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pistachios, shells removed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with hand mixer, cream butter and both sugars together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture into wet mixture. Mix until well combined. Add in pistachios and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- With a cookie scoop or hands, form tablespoons size balls with dough. Place balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, then sprinkle dough balls with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!