Salted Bourbon Pecan Cookies
Day 6 of 2021 Cookie Week is here and I am so excited to share with you what I have been working on..
Salted Bourbon Pecan Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips!
I used my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe and added bourbon, course sea salt and pecans. There are so many flavors and textures going on in this cookie and I LOVE it!
I guess I should buy Jared a new bottle of bourbon for Christmas, because I’ve been taking a lot of it for baking projects. It’s so fun to bake with! Bourbon works well with so many different flavors and it is a subtle, but delicious addition to this recipe. I personally love how well it pairs with the dark chocolate.
Bourbon + Dark Chocolate is a match made in heaven.
These cookies are an easy and fun recipe to make during the holidays, but since I always have to have a purpose or occasion for EVERYTHING, I thought these would be fun to make for the Kentucky Derby as well. Anything bourbon works for the Kentucky Derby, but man are these a cozy cookie to bake during the holidays too.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp bourbon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup crushed pecan pieces + 24 pecan halves for topping
- Course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture about ½ cup at a time. Mix until well combined and dough thickens.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips and pecan pieces (save pecan halves for later)
- Scoop and roll dough into balls (about 2-3 tbsp each) and place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Then press pecan halves in center of cookie right out of the oven (1 per cookie). Sprinkle with additional sea salt if desired.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes.