Crockpot Candied Pecans
What is super easy to make, smells like Christmas and can top just about any meal you eat? These Crockpot Candied Pecans!
I LOVE making these Crockpot Candied Pecans for so many reasons. The are so easy to toss into the Crockpot with minimal ingredients, they call for cinnamon (my favorite flavor), you can add them to dips, salads, other desserts and more + they make a great DIY gift for the foodies in your life!
I will warn you though, these are highly addicting and you will want to make batch after batch! But hey, it’s not Christmastime without candied nuts, right?
If you are looking for a gift for the person that has EVERYTHING, then put on your DIY hat with these Crockpot Candied Pecans! All you need is a mason jar and festive ribbon or string.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups pecans
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, brown sugar cinnamon and salt. Then set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla until a frothy liquid has been achieved.
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add pecans to the crockpot.
- Pour egg mixture over pecans. Then stir until fully coated.
- Pour in sugar mixture. Then stir again until pecans are fully coated.
- Cook on the low setting for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- After 1.5 hours, add in 1-2 tablespoons water
- When finished cooking, spread nuts on a cookie sheet with parchment paper to let cool.
What is your favorite candied nut during the holiday?