This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChocolateChipCookies #ChewyCookies
We all love a good chocolate chip cookie. But have you ever wondered what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie so chewy?
I’m about to let you in on my best kept baking secret. Drum roll, please..
Karo® Corn Syrup – There’s a reason they are the leading corn syrup brand that’s in recipes passed down from generation to generation for over 100 years. It’s the real MVP that makes cookies chewier on the outside and soft in the center.
I have been using Karo® Corn Syrup for years. It’s stocked in my pantry year-round to help elevate some of my favorite recipes. You may know it from making pecan pie at Thanksgiving, but it can be used in so many other baked goods! My personal favorite (as you can see) is chocolate chip cookies. Karo® Corn Syrup is the hero in making the best and chewiest cookies. It makes a good cookie, a GREAT cookie!
Here, I’m sharing Chewy S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies – It’s a traditional chewy chocolate chip cookie base, topped with all the elements of s’mores that you know and love. The ooey gooey goodness of s’mores + a chewy chocolate chip cookie = a match made in heaven!
This cookie recipe is sure to put you in the mood for bonfire season. Let’s dive in..
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 18 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 Graham Crackers, crushed
- 12 jumbo marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the Karo® Corn Syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the stand mixer until dough forms and is well combined.
- Fold in 12 ounces of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While cookies cool, turn oven to broil. Then cut 12 jumbo marshmallows in half (horizontally).
- Place marshmallow halve on each cookie, then broil for 2-3 minutes. (I broiled mine on high, but keep an eye on yours as every oven is different). Remove cookies from oven, then with the back of a spoon, lightly press down on marshmallows to spread over top the rest of the cookie.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate chips. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons over top the marshmallow. Then sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the chocolate. Let chocolate set at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
For more delicious cookie recipes, click here.
What chewy cookie variation do you want to see next?