Oat Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
I previously shared these Oat Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies made with Brewers Yeast on my Instagram feed and they were a hit! I have been consumed with keeping my milk supply up through certain foods in my diet and lots and lots of hydration. A few ingredients that I have found to help with my supply are oats (and oatmeal), brewers yeast and ground flax seed. These cookies have all of those!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 1/2 tbsp brewers yeast
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Then line cookie sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk flour, ground flax, salt, baking soda & brewers yeast until well combined.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Then mix in egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Then add oats and chocolate chips unroll well combined.
- Scoop rounded tbsp of dough onto cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop) 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Store in sealed container for up to 2 weeks.