We have reached the 7th and final day of Cookie Week 2021 and I am sharing my thumbprint recipes, similar to the ones I made for cookie week last year.
Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies!
Last year I shared my Figgy Thumbprints, but this time I swapped the fig preserves for strawberry preserves to give these cookies a red hue for the holidays.
The cookie recipe itself if very simple, and the end product looks so elegant. I just love the way these crumble with each bite. Thumbprints give off a holiday vibe every time I see them.
Note: This is a small batch recipe that can also be easily doubled as it only yields about 15 cookies and they seem to disappear fairly quick.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk (no egg whites)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl with hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Then add egg yolk (yolk only, no whites) and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour and salt. Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture until well combined.
- Roll doll into 1 inch balls with hands, then place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a circular indention in the center of the cookie. Add ½ teaspoon strawberry jam in each indention.
- Bake for an additional 13-14 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!