Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow Cookies
Cookie Week is BACK! I took last year off while Beck was still a newborn, but I’m back with my 3rd Annual Cookie Week to kick off Christmas Cookie Season! I am so excited to share 7 NEW recipes for you to bake this holiday season.
Since everything I do needs a theme, this year’s cookie theme is Christmas Movie Inspired Cookies! These Snowball Cookies are inspired by the song ‘Snow’ in White Christmas, that is performed on the train as the main characters travel to Vermont in hopes of a snowy holiday. It must be noted that ‘Sisters’ is our favorite song from the movie, but ‘Snow’ is SO catchy and fun!
White Christmas is without a doubt my #1 favorite Christmas movie of all time. I grew up watching it with my mom each year, and then got Jared hooked on it. We watch it multiple times and never get tired of it! With all that said, I just had to make it the first of 7 recipes for my annual Cookie Week.
These cookies could not be any easier to make and use minimal ingredients that you likely already have!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar + 1/3 for rolling
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, combine butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour and pecans. Then add flour mixture to stand mixer to form a dough.
- With hands, roll dough into 1.5 inch balls, place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add powedered sugar and roll warm cookies until fully coated. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.