Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Day 2 of my 2020 Cookie Week is a super easy, but delicious one..
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies!
I can’t picture a more perfect cookie for Christmas. The deep red color is absolutely stunning and the snow-like powdered sugar exudes Christmas!
I should probably also mention that these only require four ingredients. Yes, only FOUR.
What makes these so easy and only four ingredients is that I use boxed red velvet cake mix in the dough. If you’re in a bind trying to make something for your holiday gatherings, these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are the way to go.
I love red velvet year-round, but when you have such a beautiful red color such as these cookies, it’s hard not to include them in your holiday baking. Especially with that rich cocoa flavor you get in each bite.
Let’s dive in..
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until well combined and batter is thick.
- Using a cookie scoop or hands, ball dough into about 1 ½ inch balls. Then roll balls in powdered sugar until well coated.
- Place dough balls on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges have (very) slightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!