Here we are on Day 2 of Cookie Week 2021 and I’m here to say I am not the biggest fan of eggnog, but my husband is OBSESSED. Therefore, I had to make these easy Eggnog Cookies for him this season.
My goal with this year’s cookie week is to share recipes for both beginner and intermediate bakers. I love taking box baking ingredients and turning them into something tasty and completely different from it’s original purpose.
This year I am sharing not one, not two, but THREE recipes that use simple boxed baking mixes for easy short cuts and time saving recipes.
I have a recipe that uses premade sugar cookie mix, box brownie mix and this Eggnog Cookie recipe use box yellow cake mix.
These cookies have a soft cake like texture with all the color and taste of traditional eggnog!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, eggs, eggnog until smooth.
- Mix in cake mix, nutmeg and baking powder until just combined.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours in refrigerator (dough is very sticky).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough and roll into small balls with hands. Then roll them in bowl of sugar. Place on prepared tray 2-3 inches apart (dough spreads a lot).
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week with parchment paper separating each tier.