This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. The opinions and text are all mine. #Ad #SeafoodandSideDishes
This fluffy and flavorful salad is the perfect side dish for your weeknight dinners or family gatherings.
It makes enough to be enjoyed throughout the week and can be served warm or cold. Plus, it is packed with protein and nutrient dense ingredients!
If you have been around for a while, you know quinoa is a staple in our home. We use it in meals multiple times a week because it is quality protein, whole grain, and lower in carbs than rice. Quinoa is a great way to add a superfood to your weekly dinner rotation.
This Black Bean Lime Quinoa is also full of vegetables and fiber and BIG flavor. It even has a kick from the green chiles.
We love serving this side dish with Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets! Gorton’s Fish Fillets are prep-free, mess-free, and stress-free. Not to mention, they taste incredibly fresh!
This dish can also be served with slices of avocado, salsa or cilantro lime sauce (pictured) for extra flavor.
Next time you are serving seafood like Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fillets, whip up a batch of this Black Bean Lime Quinoa. It’s the perfect pairing!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked to package instructions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 8.5 oz can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 4 oz can diced green chiles rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets, cooked according to package instructions
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions in large pot.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, and green onions to pot of cooked quinoa.
- Pour lime dressing into pot of quinoa mixture and toss all ingredients together to coat.
- Lightly stir in fresh cilantro.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold.
- Enjoy with Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish Fillets.