Don’t you love how during each holiday or season, M&M’s appear in festive colors and designs?
Easter M&M’s in pretty pastels.
Halloween M&M’s in all the Fall hues.
Valentine’s Day M&M’s in pink and red. Just like you see in these Valentine’s M&M Cookies!
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can mix in the seasonal M&M’s to best fit each occasion or holiday, but each time the dough recipe stays the same. The OG colorful M&M’s are always a good choice for everyday baking. And since this chocolate chip cookie dough is a basic recipe, I am excited to see what other goodies I can mix into it!
I personally use the mini milk chocolate chips for this recipe, but regular milk chocolate chips will work as well.
Overall, these Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies are delicious, soft, chewy and perfect for your Valentine’s Day celebrations or your sweetheart!
Let’s Dive In..
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate M&M’s for dough + 1/4 cup for placing on top of dough balls (I used Valentine’s Day M&M’s)
- 1. Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large mixing bowl) combine the butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla extract on medium until well combined.
- 2. Add the flour, vanilla pudding mix, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix on low until well combined.
- 3. With a silicone spatula, scrap the sides of the bowl so that no dough is stuck.
- 4. Mix in the mini milk chocolate chips and 3/4 cup M&Ms, and beat on low speed until well combined.
- 5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let dough chill in the refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- 6. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 7. With your hand, roll 1-inch or 1½-inch balls with the dough. Then place on a nonstick baking sheet and gently press down to flatten.
- 8. Top each ball of dough with the additional M&M’s.
- 9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 10. Let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- 11. Serve & Enjoy!
Do not bake cookie dough unchilled. The chilling process allows the dough to stay together and not spread.