Q: What is better than cupcakes?
A: Pupcakes – aka cupcakes for dogs!
Two very special four-legged friends have a birthday tomorrow and this crazy fur mama wanted to make it a special one for them.
If it weren’t for the tiny Milk Bone on the top, I think that a certain human (Jared) would have devoured them the same way that Sabre & Dulce did. Actually, I am pretty sure that Dulce inhaled her pupcake in one bite!
I must say that I have taken a liking to homemade dog treats and encourage you all to try the same for your furry friends – You may have most of these ingredients in your kitchen already!
And most importantly, these Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupcakes are Sabre & Dulce approved!
Now let’s get to the recipe for I start crying at the fact that my babies are turning 6-years-old already.
This recipe yields about 9 pupcakes
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 9 small Milk Bone dog biscuits
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking powder oats, eggs, pumpkin puree, apple sauce and vegetable oil.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the liners.
- Bake for 17-21 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let cool for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto the pupcake and garnish with a Milk-Bone.
- Serve & watch your pups enjoy!
What do you do to celebrate your dog’s birthday?