Wow. I can’t believe it’s already October 1st!
In order to spend more time with family doing our favorite fall activities, I have set a goal for myself to simplify dinners. Quick and easy dinners allow more snuggles with my little girl and time outside soaking up this beautiful fall weather!
These SUPER QUICK AND EASY Ground Turkey Nachos are as quick and easy as it gets. Plus, it feeds a crowd. We will be eating this for both lunch and dinner today and probably lunch again tomorrow. But that’s just for the two of us (my husband and I). This will easily feed a family of 4-6 for one meal.
I love this recipe concept for so many reasons (besides how easy it is).
First, it gives me my Mexican food fix!
Second, it’s customizable with endless topping options. This time around I used black beans, corn, cheese, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cilantro and jalapenos.
Third, it uses ground turkey over ground beef which for us, is one of our favorite healthier swaps. Another healthier options would be shredded chicken.
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 or 1.5 lbs. ground turkey, cooked and seasoned
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 4 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Generously spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread tortilla chips across sheet pan.
- Top with seasoned and cooked ground turkey, beans, corn and cheese. Then bake for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and top with additional toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!