Let’s talk about homemade brownies. I have made more batches of brownies from scratch through trial and error than I care to admit. It is quite the process to perfect a homemade brownie recipe, but here it is.. I have finally done it and I cannot wait to share it with you all!
I am calling these Epically Easy Fudge Brownies for two reasons:
- Because I made these for my friend Anna Bell’s birthday, and she decided that they should be called this.
- They were EPICALLY EASY! Minimal ingredients. Simple Ingredients. Straightforward Instructions. Quick Prep time.
After so much trial and error to find my desired consistency and taste with homemade fudge brownies, I finally realized that it’s not about the ingredients or the measurements of the ingredients. It was all about how I was using and treating the ingredients.
I truly believe it all starts with the whisking of the melted butter and granulated sugar. Then mixing in the melted milk chocolate chips. The way the ingredients are incorporated with each other, makes all the difference!
I should probably also mention, that these brownies have the PERFECT crackle on top as well. A requirement for any good brownie recipe.
I personally think this recipe rivals most boxed fudge brownie mixes! And again, it’s SO EASY!
Let’s dive in!
- ½ cup + 2 tbs salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a metal 7 x 11 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and then pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the sugar into the melted butter until well combined. Then add in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Melt ½ cup of the milk chocolate chips and then mix into previous ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
- With a spatula, stir in the cocoa powder, flour and salt until well combined. Then stir in remaining milk chocolate chips (1 cup).
- Pour mixture into pan and smooth out until even.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!