This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RalstonGoldenRecipe
Recipe development is a huge part of what we do here at Brunch With The Brittain’s. Our favorite dishes to create are seasonal and holiday dishes, especially this time of year! There are so many great vegetables in season and flavors that bring comfort as the weather turns.
I’m pleased to bring you this new recipe for Autumn Golden Rice featuring Ralston Family Farms™ Golden Rice 24 0z., because it’s never to early to start planning your Thanksgiving spread! This sweet and savory side dish will have your guests going back for seconds and has some of our favorite fall vegetables to complement the delicious golden rice.
Ralston Family Farms provides a variety of rice, but our favorite is the Golden Rice that we found at our local Publix. It is Non-GMO and has a Golden-Nutty texture that takes less time to cook than traditional brown rice, making it the perfect combination of healthy and convenient for week night dinners after work/school!
Not only do we love the taste of Ralston Family Farms Golden Rice, but we love that their products are sustainably grown, milled and packed at Ralston Family Farms right here in the USA. Every purchase helps fund Ralston Family Farms™ charitable outreach and partnering with Feeding America.
When you are making your grocery list for the week or while planning your Thanksgiving feast, be sure to add Ralston Family Farms Golden Rice 24oz. to your Publix shopping list!
From 10/29 through 11/6, you can take advantage of BOGO at Publix. Buy one Ralston Family Farms Rice product and get one free. Products include: RFF Red Rice (16 oz) RFF Purple Rice (16 oz) RFF Golden Rice (24 oz) RFF Natures Blend Rice (24 oz) RFF Jasmine Rice (24 oz) RFF Basmati Rice (24 oz).
Let’s dive in..
- ¾ lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned and shredded
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 24 oz Ralston Family Farms™ Golden Rice
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 3 ¾ cup water
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Then in a medium mixing bowl, toss shredded Brussels sprouts, sliced carrots and chopped shallots in olive oil, maple syrup, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetable mixture on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are slightly caramelized.
- While vegetables are baking, prepare Ralston Family Farms Golden Rice according to package instructions, substituting part of the water with the chicken broth (You will end up with 3 ¾ cup water and 3 cup chicken broth.)
- Stir cooked vegetable mixture into cooked rice. Then stir in chopped pecans and dried cranberries. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
This is a large batch recipe for large families, gatherings and Thanksgiving spreads to accommodate a crowd.