Vegan Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Now entering ‘Fall Foodie Mode’!
Ok, I know it’s August, but if you know me, I begin fall content planning on July 5th each year. I have SO much to share this coming season that I have been sitting on since last year when Beckham arrived early and spent time in the NICU.
The Fall Line-Up Includes:
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Snacks & Treats
- Football Food
- Kids Fall & Halloween Activities
- & SO MUCH MORE!!!
Today I made these delicious Cinnamon Apple Muffins for the kids to have for breakfast, and for Jared to snack on throughout the weekend. They are completely plant-based making them vegan friendly. Jared as been eating about 90% plant-based since May, so here and there, I am attempting to share more recipes with his diet in mind.
I knew as soon as I took a lick of the batter, that I had a winner with these muffins. Honestly, it’s a miracle I had enough batter to make the full dozen, because the batter was THAT good.
My favorite ingredient to sweeten baked goods with is pure maple syrup. I had a few fun flavors of maple syrup from Bushwick Kitchen and it really delivered the cozy fall vibes! You can use regular maple syrup in this recipe, but I used their Cinnamon Maple Syrup.
You can use my code: KERIANNBRITT to save at checkout on Bushwick Kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- optional pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake/muffin pan with liners, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients in order. Then whisk until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add 1 heaping scoop of batter into each liner.
- Optional top with pecans.
- Bake 23-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
These ended up being baby and toddler approved and the perfect breakfast to celebrate the tiniest little twinge of fall in the air this morning!