Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples
I have been feeling so inspired from our visit to the apple orchard in North Georgia. It has resulted in more apple recipes than I can count! This slow cooker stuffed apple recipe was my favorite of the bunch. There’s something about topping a warm dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream that makes my taste buds go crazy. I also used a homemade date caramel sauce – yum!
This particular recipe imitates a warm apple pie, without having to go through all of the trouble of making a pie. Not to mention, the smell of the apples and spices will fill your home with the most pleasant fall scents!
Before you put together your grocery list with the ingredients for this recipe, I would like to suggest that you use honey crisp apples or something similar.
Just a fair warning, this will be your new favorite fall dessert!
- 4 apples (honey crisp)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- caramel sauce - optional
- vanilla ice cream - optional
- With a knife, thinly slice off the tops of each apple. Then with a melon baller, scoop out the core and seeds of the apple (apple will be used as a bowl). Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and chopped pecans until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the apples until filled.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours (or 1 hour 30 minutes if more apple was scoop out).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
What is your favorite apple recipe?