This post is sponsored by al fresco®. I’m pleased to partner with them to bring you this delicious recipe featuring their products. All opinions are mine alone. #ChickenFaster #Ad
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? I’ve got you covered.
This Italian Chicken Sausage Rigatoni makes pasta night effortless and tasty!
I’m so excited to share our favorite way to elevate pasta night at our house. Personally, we have been getting tired with the same old pasta and red sauce when we need a quick and easy dinner, so to jazz up our pasta dishes, we use al fresco’s Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage!
Not only is it a healthy way to add flavor and protein to your dish, it’s a huge time-saver. The sausage is already fully cooked. All you need to do is heat it up on the grill, stove top or microwave and it’s ready to be added to your pasta. With this recipe, I used the stove top to heat up the chicken sausage alongside vegetables to minimize dishes and time.
Additionally, al fresco’s Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage is packed full of flavor! It’s bursting with Italian herbs and red and green peppers making it easy to pair with any of your favorite pasta sauces. Here I tossed it in my go-to olive oil sauce. It’s a great option for those looking for a lighter meal option.
This Italian Chicken Sausage Rigatoni recipe is done and ready to eat in 15 minutes, making it a perfect dinner for those busy weeknights!
Let’s dive in..
- 16 oz Rigatoni
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz shallots, chopped
- 16 oz fresh asparagus, chopped
- 12 oz al fresco's Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic salt
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Prepare Rigatoni according to package instructions.
- While Rigatoni boils, use a pan to cook chopped asparagus and shallots in 2 tbsp of olive oil on the stovetop. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Then add chopped al fresco's Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage. Stir occasionally. Then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup olive oil, dried basil seasoning, granulated garlic salt and a pinch of sea salt until well combined.
- Toss drained Rigatoni in olive oil mixture, then stir in vegetables and chicken sausage mixture.
- Optional – top meal with shaved parmesan cheese and/or fresh lemon juice for added flavor.
Pro tip: do prep work (chopping) while pasta boils to cut down on time!
How do you like to elevate pasta night?