Vegan / Vegetarian / Gluten Free / Refined Sugar Free / Dairy Free
Coleslaw. It’s the perfect summer side dish with hundreds of variations in flavor and texture. This particular coleslaw recipe was inspired by the beautiful color combination of the purple cabbage, orange carrots and yellow corn. Then, when I asked my husband what type of dressing he wanted for the coleslaw, he said he wanted something sweet, so I knew maple syrup was the perfect addition to this recipe.
This Sweet and Tangy Coleslaw also packs some extra crunch. The cabbage has a crunchy texture to begin with, but the additional crunch from the sliced almonds, dresses the coleslaw up more so than your traditional coleslaw recipe.
This recipe is great for all your summer gatherings such as 4th of July, BBQ’s, Picnics, Backyard Parties and more!
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 3 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups yellow corn, cut from cob
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In large mixing bowl, mix cabbage, carrots, corn and almonds. Then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, celery salt and pepper. Stir dressing mixture into cabbage mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
What’s your go-to summer side dish?