A healthy, flavor-packed side dish, fresh from our Summer garden!
Introducing the Brunch With The Brittains Summer Garden Series!
Our backyard garden is producing herbs and vegetables at the speed of light. Every day we are picking more produce than we can eat, so I have been inspired to create a series of recipes that include some of our fresh produce, straight from the ground!
I have seen so many friends on social media with gardens this summer and thought, “what better time to share some of my favorite recipes throughout the season.” Don’t have a garden? No worries – all ingredients can be picked up at your local grocery store or farmers market.
The first recipe that I am sharing in this series is my favorite side dish in the Summer.
Parmesan Zucchini and Corn.
Today’s Garden Ingredient: Zucchini
It’s quick, easy, colorful and so yummy!
Here’s what you will need:
• 1 medium zucchini
• 1 ½ cups frozen yellow corn (or cut kernals fresh from the cob)
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt (I prefer Pink Himalayan Salt)
• 1 teaspoon basil seasoning
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Here’s how to make it:
1. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute.
2. On the side, chop the zucchini into slices and then quarter the slices.
3. Add zucchini and corn to the skillet. Let cook for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in dry seasonings – salt, pepper and basil.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top of the vegetables.
6. Serve (hot) and enjoy!
What are you growing in your garden this summer?