Did you know that October 4th is National Taco Day? If you know me, you know that I never let a silly food holiday go uncelebrated and one that celebrates one of my favorite foods is one I can get behind!
As I previously mentioned, I set a goal to simplify dinners this month so that I could spend more time with family. These Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos are a quick, easy and delicious way to enjoy tacos for dinner using minimal ingredients. You can make your own sriracha mayo or buy it made already to save even more time. And shrimp is probably one of the quickest proteins to cook so that saves you extra time as well.
This recipe pulls in a lot of different texture from the shrimp and cabbage and have a kick from the sriracha mayo. It’s a fun way to change up taco night!
Let’s dive in..
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- *OR USE STORE BOUGHT SRIRACHA MAYO
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tsp creole seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (or coleslaw without dressing)
- 4 flour tortillas (fajita sized)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, lemon juice and garlic until well combined. Or if using store bought sriracha mayo, put 3-4 tbsp in bowl. Then add shredded cabbage (or coleslaw) mix. Stir cabbage mixture in sriracha mayo until fully coated, then set aside.
- Put olive oil in pan. Sprinkle shrimp with seasoning of your choice (I used creole seasoning).
- Over medium heat, cook shrimp for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Shrimp should be pink when cooked.
- Evenly distribute cabbage mixture over flour tortillas, then top with shrimp.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over shrimp and cabbage, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve & enjoy!