I’m clearly holding onto berry season seeing as 3 out of the last 4 recipes I published are blueberry flavored. I promise I’m ready for Fall and Fall recipes! I even added spices to this recipe to make it a transition recipe into the new season.
If you have some blueberries to use up to make way for Fall produce, I’ve got a delicious treat to help with that and to help beat the heat in these final days of Summer.
Spiced Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Granola Bars!
I probably could have named them something simpler, but I needed you to know what you’re getting from this recipe from the get-go.
Anyway.. These bars are made with Greek Yogurt making them a healthier option to ice cream. They can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or dessert! Other ingredients that make this a nutritious and healthier option to traditional sugary bars: almond butter, unsweetened apple sauce, pure maple syrup, fresh blueberries, oats and almond milk.
I originally found this recipe on TikTok and took it as inspiration for the bars in this post. I changed the recipe by using a blueberry fruit center instead of multiple types of berries like the original. I also added cinnamon and nutmeg into the blueberry compote and granola base to bring in some Fall flavors.
Let’s dive in..
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 6 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, Separated
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, Separated
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon, Separated
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 ½ cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Line a 7x11 baking pan with parchment paper. Then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add oats, almond butter, 2 tbsp maple syrup, almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, apple sauce, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add mixture to pan until packed and even. Place in freezer to set.
- In a small sauce pan, boil blueberries, 1 tbsp maple syrup 1 tbsp water and 1 ½ tsp cinnamon over medium heat. Boil and stir until soupy consistency, leaving some blueberry chunks. Let cool for 5 minutes, then spread evenly over frozen granola mixture. Freeze again to set.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, 3 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Spread evenly over blueberry layer. Freeze again to set, then cut into squares or rectangular bars.
Wrap individual bars in cling wrap for individual servings for a quick grab and go treat.