A light and healthier dessert option that can be dressed up for any holiday or occasion!
Confession: I am a major sugar addict and chocoholic. It tempts me EVERY NIGHT – so I am always trying out different ways to turn my favorite sweet treats into guilt-free goodies. This healthier Chocolate Mousse alternative is rich, chocolatey and so satisfying!
I’m not saying you should replace your salads and veggies with this, but it is certainly healthier than traditional chocolate mousse.
I prefer using a higher percentage of dark cocoa, but for kids and those who may not care for the bitterness of dark chocolate, feel free to substitute a lower percentage of cocoa.
This is a fun dish to serve for holidays. Below you will see that I dressed mine up for upcoming Easter festivities and for Christmas, I love adding peppermint.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
Here’s what you will need:
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 50g shaved dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Sugar free or light whipped cream topping
- Robins Eggs Easter Candy – OPTIONAL
- If you bought bakers chocolate bars, you will shave or grate all 50 grams. If you bought chips, you will melt down in the saucepan during Step 2.
- Pour milk into a saucepan on low to medium heat, then add in chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts. (Be careful not to let it boil)
- Next, add the organic cocoa powder. Stir until all contents of the saucepan are mixed well.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the vanilla Greek yogurt and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the yogurt. Whisk until all contents of the mixing bowl are combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Scoop into martini glasses or other serve wear and then top with the whipped topping and robin’s eggs. Another yummy alternative to the robin’s eggs is fresh fruit.
- Serve and Enjoy!