This Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies are inspired by a Halloween memory I had growing up.
Did anyone else’s Dad have to “inspect” your candy after trick-or-treating (or trick-or-beer as it was known in the good ole Parkwood days)? Did the “inspection” then require an “inspection fee”? My Dad’s “inspection fee” always came in the form of Reese’s which in my opinion was a coveted trick-or-treating treasure.
I developed this recipe from that childhood memory!
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies have DOUBLE the Reese’s goodness with both mini Reese’s and Reese’s Pieces. They also have TRIPLE the peanut butter from both candies plus the peanut butter in the dough.
Peanut butter and chocolate lovers rejoice!
Let’s dive in..
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup Reese’s Mini’s
- ¼ cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), beat butter until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add in brown sugar and sugar until well combined. Then mix in egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in Reese’s Pieces, Mini Reese’s and mini chocolate chips. Mix until incorporated into dough.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough (about 1 ½ tbsp) onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!