This make ahead breakfast bake is one your whole family will love this fall!
There’s nothing I love more than smelling cozy autumn spices on a crisp fall morning. This Pumpkin French Toast Bake brings all the nostalgia from weekends growing up when my mom would make french toast for breakfast. It has the warm and cozy cinnamon and the yummy pumpkin flavor to make this a seasonal favorite.
I love how quick the prep is for this recipe. It takes a total of 10 minutes to prep the night before and all you need to do the next morning is make the streusel topping and bake. That’s it!
My favorite part is sprinkling the dish with powdered sugar and topping my serving with maple syrup. It’s the perfect way to eat this classic breakfast dish with a fall twist.
- 1 loaf Challah bread, cubed
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, cream, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well combined. Pour over bread in prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night or for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly consistency is achieved. Sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup. Serve warm and enjoy!