Hip-hip-hooray for Cookie Season! If you are team peppermint or team peppermint and chocolate duo, then you will want to add this recipe to your holiday baking list.
One of my favorite things to do when I need to bake in a hurry, is to use box cake or box brownies and manipulate it into something fun and festive! Here I used box brownie mix for the cookie batter and gave it some extra texture with cream cheese and festive flavor with peppermint baking chips (I used Ghirardelli baking chips). While I mostly create batter from scratch, transforming box mixes can be a lot easier on time which we all can use more of (right?!). This recipe requires only 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes to bake!
My husband is sort of anti-peppermint and said “even I really like this cookie”, so it’s hubby approved if that counts for something! Now let’s dive into this recipe..
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup peppermint baking chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough should be a little sticky.
- Mix in peppermint baking chips.
- Scoop the dough (in ball form) onto an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for the cookie dough 12-15 minutes