The world of Paleo is fairly new to me. A lot of my favorite health and fitness bloggers and vloggers preach Paleo this and Paleo that + I have a ton of friends that eat Paleo-based diets, but I never made the conscious decision to try it out for myself. So when our personal trainer said he wanted to transition us into a Paleo diet, I was actually really excited to try it out. Mostly because it meant that I could experiment with new ingredients and recipes!
As I studied up on the Paleo dos and don’ts, I found that it was very similar to how we were already eating so lots of healthier alternatives were already in our kitchen. At the time, my sweet tooth was tormenting me, so I decided my first official Paleo endeavor would be a sweet treat with ingredients that I already had.
Chocolate Chip Cookies.
My initial thought was that these were not going to be sweet enough to satisfy my wicked sweet tooth, but after just 1 bite, boy was I wrong! Shout out to honey for the major sweet factor. I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing these cookies tasted (and on the first batch of dough too!).
Not only are they Paleo approved, but they also passed the husband test! Jared’s eyes lit up when he taste-tested these cookies. I think he may have even been more surprised than I was at how delicious they were.
This Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is very easy to throw together and doesn’t require dozens of ingredients. I was able to mix the ingredients and bake 16 of these cookies in under 20 minutes!
Whether you eat a Paleo-based diet or not, I strongly encourage you to try these out. Not only are they delicious but they are more guilt-free than most other cookies!
Here’s what you will need:
- 3 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 ½ cups large dark chocolate chips (or 2 cups small dark chocolate chips)
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 2 medium baking sheets
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together your dry ingredients; almond flour, pink Himalayan salt, baking soda, and coconut palm sugar
- Add the honey, vanilla extract, eggs and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix well with electric mixer. (Here are the 2 mixers that I use: Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer 5 QT // Kitchen Aid 5-Speed Hand Mixer)
- Hand stir the chocolate chips into the dough
- Place tablespoon sized drops of dough onto the baking sheets – 2 inches apart
- Bake 8 -10 minutes and remove from oven
- Let cool for 10 more minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite Paleo recipes?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link in this post, I may make a small commission. Thank you for supporting brands who support BWTB.