This sweet and savory brunch sandwich is sure to win over any crowd!
A classic Monte Cristo uses ham and swiss cheese, but ya girl is not a huge fan of swiss cheese so for my twist on the Monte Cristo, I use muenster and add turkey in with the ham.
Here’s what you’ll need for this ooey, gooey goodness:
- Sweet dinner rolls (I prefer King’s Hawaiian)
- ½ lb muenster cheese – sliced
- ½ lb honey ham deli meat
- ½ lb oven roasted turkey deli meat
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter – melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs honey dijon mustard
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the inside of a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the rolls from their packaging and slice them in half horizontally with a knife. Then place the bottoms of the rolls side-by-side in the bottom of your baking pan.
- Next, layer the slices of turkey, ham and then cheese evenly over the rolls. Once you have layered each of them, add the tops of the rolls and set aside the baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, melted butter, honey Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Once these ingredients are well mixed, pour over the top of each roll making sure all of the rolls are covered.
- Cover the baking pan with foil (without the foil touching the rolls) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle half of the brown sugar (1/8 cup) over the tops of the sandwiches and then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. While the sliders are cooling, sprinkle the remainder of the brown sugar over the top of the rolls.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Leave a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!