This post is sponsored by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese. I’m pleased to partner with them to bring you this delicious recipe featuring their products. All opinions are mine alone.
Picnic season is here and it’s time to fire up those grills! Whether you are hosting a big bash at your place, heading to a picnic or grilling out at home for the 4th of July, I have the tastiest dish for you to serve. Believe me when I say, these Jalapeño Turkey Sliders need to be on your 4th of July menu this summer!
I am so excited to share these Jalapeño Turkey Sliders with you all. They are easy to assemble and even easier to eat! They take the concept of a classic appetizer to create a tasty bite size burger.
I’m sure you’re thinking why turkey? Why not beef? We use ground turkey for just about everything in our house. It makes for a healthier alternative to ground beef when we cook tacos, meatballs, burgers and more. To spice things up, I added diced jalapeños to the turkey patties. But that’s not what makes this slider so epic and delicious…
The real MVP in this recipe is the Jalapeño Cream Cheese Spread made with creamy and delicious Philadelphia Cream Cheese! So not only do you get the jalapeño kick from the turkey patties, but you get it from the Cream Cheese Spread as well. The spread itself is packed full of flavor, but it also makes for a great binder for the diced jalapeño, corn, shredded cheddar and seasoning in the spread. When it comes to these sliders, you can skip the slice of cheese and just slap on some of this dreamy and drool-worth Jalapeño Cream Cheese Spread.
My favorite thing about Philadelphia Cream Cheese is how universal it is. That’s why I always have a brick or two on hand for holiday prep. With 4th of July celebrations coming up, you’ll want to do the same!
Let’s break down how easy this recipe is.
- Between the turkey patties, spread, toppings and buns, this recipe calls for only 11 ingredients! Of course, toppings such as bacon and lettuce are optional and can also be swapped for other favorites.
- The turkey patties only require ground turkey, breadcrumbs and diced jalapeños before they are ready to throw on the grill!
- The Jalapeño Cream Cheese Spread is combined in one bowl by using a hand mixer or spatula.
- Assembly is quick and easy!
These Jalapeño Turkey Sliders can be served with any of your picnic favorites.
A few suggestions: French fries, potato salad, macaroni salad, potato chips + pickle
Hopefully by now, these sliders are on your 4th of July picnic menu. Your family and friends will love them!
- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 medium jalapeños, diced and seeds removed
- 5 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup yellow corn, frozen
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce of your choice
- 12 hamburger slider rolls
- Preheat grill to 400 F
- Once grill is preheated, place skillet of bacon on grill for 8-11 minutes (depending on thickness). Using tongs, flip each slice of bacon to cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, in a medium mixing bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs and 1 diced jalapeño until well combined.
- Divide ground turkey mixture into 12 balls (about 2 oz. each) and use hand to flatten to approximately ½ inch thick.
- Using your thumb, make a shallow indention in the center of the patty (this helps keep shape during grilling process).
- Once bacon is finished cooking, increase grill temperature to 450 F. Oil the grill grate so burgers do not stick, then place burger patties on the grill. Grill for approximately 5 minutes, then flip and grill other side for an additional 3 minutes. (Should be cooked to 165 F before removing from grill).
- While burgers are on the grill, heat frozen corn according to package instructions.Then in a small mixing bowl, add Philadelphia Cream Cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, milk, garlic powder, corn and other diced jalapeño. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Optional In the final minute of the burger’s cook time, place slider buns on the grill to lightly toast.
- To assemble, place turkey burger on bottom slider bun, then top with bacon (half each slice of bacon for two small slicer per slider) and lettuce. Last, spread Jalapeño Cream Cheese Spread on the inside of the top bun. Place on top of other assembled ingredients.
- Serve & Enjoy!