With football season in full swing, dips have become a major food group in our home. It’s one of our favorite game watching treats to munch on and this Jalapeno Beer Cheese Dip disappears fast and takes just minutes to make!
This beer cheese dip works great with soft pretzels, tortilla chips and vegetable sticks. It also works well as a spread for burgers or for fondue.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup beer – preferably a light ale
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 medium jalapenos, diced
- 1 ½ tsp stone ground brown mustard
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, flour, garlic powder and paprika. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in beer and milk a little at a time (alternating), whisking until smooth after each. Continue cooking over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, fold in cheeses and jalapenos and stir until melted and smooth. Then stir in mustard. Serve warm with soft pretzel bites and enjoy!