Y’all.. I cannot get enough of these Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots! Jared walked into the kitchen while I was eating these by hand, hot out of the oven and said I looked like I was in full Bugs Bunny mode and I’m totally okay with that.
I am excited to add these into our normal dinner rotation as a side dish because they are so tasty, so easy and require minimal ingredients! Honestly, I could eat an entire bunch of these as just a snack. They are that good!
Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness. To enhance the sweetness, I brushed the rainbow carrots, first with olive oil, then with honey- all before seasoning them. I just use a natural bristle pastry brush to brush on the olive oil and honey. It’s less messy than spreading it by hand while still being able to evenly cover the carrots.
In addition to weekly meals, these Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots will make a perfect side dish for holiday meals – especially Easter!
Let’s dive in..
- 1 1/2 pounds rainbow carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- With baking spray, prepare a baking sheet.
- Place washed carrots on baking sheet.
- Gently brush all sides of the carrots with olive oil.
- Then brush all sides again with honey.
- Evenly sprinkle half of the seasonings on the carrots.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the carrots, then sprinkle the remaining seasonings.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Bigger carrots may require an addition 5-15 minutes to bake.
What is your favorite veggie side dish?