Let’s talk about Tzatziki Sauce. Here is what I know:
1. It is mostly paired with Mediterranean dishes
2. It is hard to spell
3. Gyros would be nothing without it
4. If you were to cut me open, I would probably bleed Tzatziki (I love it that much!)
I use this Healthy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce recipe all of the time, because it can be used with so many different things and it is very light and fresh. A few of my favorites to use it with are Greek Chicken Skewers, Chickpea Pita Sandwiches and Greek Pasta Salad.
I like this recipe because it is low calorie and fat free (AKA guilt-free). You can thank Fat Free Greek Yogurt for that. It is also super easy to make. Let’s dive in, shall we?!
Here’s what you will need:
• 10-12 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt
• 1/3 cup fresh dill
• ½ Cucumber, seeded and peeled
• 2 gloved of garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• ½ tsp pepper
• ½ tsp salt (I prefer Pink Himalayan Salt)
Here’s how to make it:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Fat Free Greek Yogurt, Garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then set aside.
2. Using a grater, shred the cucumber and then add to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
3. Take your fresh dill and finely chop it up. Add the fresh dill to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients together and let chill for 90 minutes in the refrigerator.
Leave a comment below and let me know how you liked this recipe or connect with me on Instagram!