I have this obsession with taking recipes and twisting them into a healthier version without sacrificing taste and this Cinnamon Maple Muffin recipe is no exception. In this recipe I am going to tell you my 2 secret weapons for baking healthier. Now I’m not saying these are healthy enough to replace your fruits and veggies, but they are a healthier alternative to your typical muffin recipe and are perfect for meal prep breakfasts.
So what are these secret weapons..
Secret Weapon #1: Coconut Flour (Click here for the brand that I prefer to use)
Secret Weapon #2: Coconut Sugar (Click here for the brand that I prefer to use)
I’ll save why for another article, but if you love to bake, you need these in your pantry ASAP!
Here’s what you will need:
Muffin Batter –
- Cupcake/Muffin Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar free maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, coconut sugar, and light brown sugar
- Then add the wet ingredients: eggs, almond milk, water, vegetable oil and sugar free maple syrup
- With a hand mixer, mix all ingredients together
- Scoop the muffin batter into the muffin pan filling the cups halfway
- Bake 30-35 minutes
- Test the center of the muffins with a toothpick and bake a few minutes longer if needed.
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle light brown sugar on each muffin
- Top with sugar free maple syrup
- Eat & Enjoy!
Do you have any baking tips for coconut flour or coconut sugar? Don’t be shy, join the conversation and leave a comment below.