Double the chocolate, double the drool (insert drooling face emoji).
These Healthier Chocolate Banana Muffins put a healthy twist on a classic recipe.
So what makes these muffins a healthier option?
First off, this recipe excludes any refined sugar. The they are naturally sweetened from banana’s, honey and maple syrup + the dark chocolate chips.
Additionally, the batter is made with lowfat greek yogurt which contains protein + bananas.
Needless to say, you can snack on one of these muffins without feeling guilty.
These Healthier Chocolate Banana Muffins are great to make on the weekend so that you can grab them on the go for breakfast throughout the week.
I highly recommend heating them up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before eating because the chocolate chips melt a little and they taste and feel like they are hot out of the oven, even days later!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (nonfat)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I use 60% dark)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat bananas, yogurt, honey, vanilla, egg and oil.
- Add whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Top the batter with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!