A simple chicken salad recipe that’s a healthier version of the classic chicken salad. This recipe is creamy, crunchy and packed full of flavor!
I make this recipe ALL THE TIME and I typically make it over the weekend for brunch and make plenty for leftovers to last through the week. I intend for it to be a quick and easy lunch for the week ahead, but it rarely lasts through the weekend! It seems to disappear FAST every time I make it. It’s that good!
We eat it in croissants as a sandwich, we eat it in lettuce wraps for a low calorie, low carb option and we even eat it alone by the spoonful.
So what makes this a healthier version of a classic chicken salad recipe?
The creamy factor comes from plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt! I love using Greek Yogurt as a healthier substitute for many ingredients. It’s extremely universal.
This recipe also includes a lot of textures which also make for a nutritional meal – celery, grapes and walnuts!
But my favorite ingredient in this recipe is cumin! Jared always tells me to lay off the cumin in this recipe, but I LOVE the smokiness that it brings and it works great with the shredded chicken.
Whether you are looking for a light and easy brunch option or something to mix up your weekly meal prep, I encourage you to try this recipe. Let’s dive in..
- 25 oz. shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 ½ cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 10 oz. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Iceberg lettuce (optional)
- Croissants (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add shredded chicken (if using cubed chicken, use fork to shred), grapes and celery. Mix until well combined.
- Add Greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, cumin, salt, pepper and walnuts. Mix again until well combined.
- If using in a sandwich, cut croissants in half then top with chicken salad. Then add piece of iceberg lettuce before closing sandwich with croissant top.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Keep chicken salad refrigerated. Keeps well for 4-6 days.