Soft centers, crispy outside and triple the chocolate.. These M&M cookies have it all!
We are just 5 days away from Halloween so I thought this gloomy Monday before the holiday weekend was the perfect time to share these Halloween Chocolate M&M Cookies.
There are so many things to love about M&M Cookies. You can use the classic M&M’s or festive holiday colored/flavored ones like these Ghouls Mix M&M’s for Halloween. Another way to customize your M&M cookies is to pick a chocolate cookie dough or your classic cookie dough. I went with the chocolate dough, because I LOVE the way it looks with the Ghouls Mix M&M’s. Each option uses a fairly simple dough recipe making these a quick and easy cookies to make for events, with the kids or for a quick dessert.
If you’re a fellow chocolate lover, these cookies are for you! They pull chocolate from the M&M’s, Mini Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Cookie Dough for triple the chocolaty goodness!
Let’s dive in..
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Halloween M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In stand mixer (or large mixing bowl with hand mixer), mix butter and light brown sugar until well combined. Add in vanilla and egg until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients in with wet ingredients until batter is thick. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop (or hands) roll about 2 tbsp dough into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart, then press in M&M’s around outside of dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!