During my Tumblr Q&A last weekend, I received some questions about doing more fashion posts so today on BWTB, I have Cait from Cait’s Cozy Corner guest posting about her favorite shoe essentials. Enjoy!
Hey friends! My name is Cait and I have a shoe problem. I know, the first step is admitting that you have an actual problem right. When it comes to shoes I’m all over the place with them- sneakers, loafers, flats, wedges, heels, boots..the list is endless but then again so are all the amazing possibilities of wearing adorable and affordable shoes!
So, rounding up my favorite pairs of shoes was actually a bit difficult because I love so many and there are so many styles and options to choose from. But let’s dive into 10 shoes that I think every woman should own in their closet.
1. Wedges – I’ll be honest when saying wedges are a huge staple in my closet. At only 5’2 and with a husband who’s a foot taller than myself, wedges are perfect for me to feel comfortable and dress and outfit up from day to night. I also love pairing cute wedges with a party dress or even cute casual shorts and a denim shirt.
2. Classic Flats – Ballet flats are a no fuss solution to putting an outfit together while you’re on the go. In fact, if I’m at a work event and know that it’s going to be a long meeting, I’ll always pack black flats to change into while still keeping my work attire polished and put together.
3. Ankle Boots – I used to not be a huge fan of ankle boots until I saw them popping up everywhere a few years ago. They could not have been cuter! Personally, I have a few pairs in simple colors like grey, black and nude to use all year round. The neutral colors and easy walkable heels will help serve you in all your outfit needs no matter the season.
4. Sneakers – Right now there are so many versatile sneakers to wear to the gym or running errands. I love a cute pair of kicks like these boat shoes to throw on with jean shorts and a tank for a day boating with friends or just a casual stroll with friends!
5. Classic Pump – Pumps are perfect for the workplace, for a wedding or any dressy occasion you can think of. Pumps helps to elongate your legs which as someone who’s extremely short is always a plus! These classic shoes also can work with any pattern or color you can think of to wear out.
6. Riding Boots– this classic staple is perfect for fall, winter or even the rain! Pair gorgeous tall boots of a caramel or black color can bring your outfit from drab to fab. Although some pairs like these Tory Burch may run a pretty penny, to me it’s worth it to wear year after year. They don’t go out of style!
7. Comfortable Sandals – Sandals are my trickiest of shoes to wear because I hate feeling like I’m not wearing anything to support my feet. Invest in a comfortable sandal that offers the arch support we need to keep our feet happy and feeling good hour after hour. Think of everyday sandals as a cooler alternative to flip flops when planning on investing in a good pair.
8. Statement Heels – Come on now girls. We all need a good pair of seriously sexy heels to throw on every once in awhile ( I’m talking about my Mom ladies out there! ) Believe me, as a Mom too sometimes I just want to throw on a casual outfit but something about a fabulous statement heel to complete that little black dress makes you feel incredible! Add some flare with rhinestones, sparkle or a great design to give those heels some serious fashion envy by your friends.
9. Loafers – These are my favorite of all the shoes I own! Loafers are a classic shoe that just work year after year and season after season. I wear loafers in the fall, rain or really just 24/7. They are chic and practical with any type of outfit and one that I always pack when I’m going out of town.
10. Nude Heels – Having nude heels is a no brainer for completing your evening look or a dressier outfit with the girls. Why are they so wonderful? They really go with everything! I love a cute nude heel with dark jeans, a black top and a fun colorful clutch to add a pop of color.
Want to know one of my favorite ways to search for some fun and inspiring shoes? Searching SEO keywords like “nude heels for summer” and so many options become available for what I’m looking for. Who knows the most about how to utilize SEO? That would be Dan Anton who created RankCrew, a website developer offering various packages for “new sites”, “established sites” and “authority sites” plus creating an account is free! Getting your tasks complete can take 3-18 days depending on what you need Dan to help you with! Whatever your options, RankCrew is your go to for helping you create and search your options.
What are your must have shoes to own?
Blog: Cait’s Cozy Corner