This is a must make recipe for your upcoming holiday celebrations!
I feel like I have been trying to perfect my homemade brownie recipe for ages and after a few minor alterations, I have finally mastered it! This recipe gives you the fudgy center and flakey top coat that all brownies aspire to have.
Once you have tried this brownie recipe, you will never need to make them another way again!
The ingredients are your basic baking ingredients, nothing too fancy-shmancy. Chances are, you already have these ingredients in your baking cupboard.
I then used my favorite icing from Pillsbury to give it an extra holiday touch!
- 16 soft peppermint candy
- 1 container Pillsbury Peppermint Icing
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 7 ounces melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla extract and mix again for another 3 minutes. (I use a hand mixer)
- Add melted chocolate and chocolate chips mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add this dry mixture into the brownie batter and mix everything until just combined.
- Pour this batter into pan
- Use a spatula to spread batter evenly over the entire pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 37-40 minutes or passes the toothpick test.
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Place unwrapped peppermint candy into a sandwich bag. Use hammer or utensil to crush candy into tiny bits.
- Spread peppermint icing over the top of the brownies and then sprinkle peppermint candy bits.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link in this post, I may make a small commission. Thank you for supporting brands who support BWTB.