This four ingredient snack will keep you full in between meals, fuel your work-outs and make you feel like you are indulging on cookies!
I am a huge fan of pretty much everything that this Dark Chocolate Date Bar is about.
First, dark chocolate. Enough said.
Second, baking with dates is always a good idea because they pack in a lot of sweetness without using refined sugar. They can be a lot of fun to use as sugar substitute in desserts and baked goods.
Third, these bars are no-bake bars so forget about preheating that oven.
And finally, these Dark Chocolate Date Bars are made with minimal ingredients that are all thrown into the food processor. After the ingredients are mixed together in the food processor, you’re practically done!
Here is my new Kitchenaid Food Processor that I love, love, love!
Most of the time I prefer almond butter over peanut butter. It’s often my go-to prework out snack because it keeps me energized and satisfied throughout the entire workout. These Dark Chocolate Date Bars may have you thinking you are eating dessert, but they make for a great prework out or filling snack.
Let’s dive in..
- 18-20, medium medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until they are in small pieces.
- Add in the dark chocolate chips, oats and almond butter. Pulse again until well combined (you may need to break up the almond butter if it balls up in one section).
- In a small baking pan, transfer the mixture and spread by pressing down with hands/fingers until flat.
- Freeze for 20 minutes, then remove from freezer and cut into bars.
Bars stay good for 1 week when in sealed container.