This post has been sponsored by Lindt Chocolate®. All opinions are mine alone. #Sponsored #LindtPartner #
You can’t bake for the holidays and leave these Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes w/ Candy Cane Buttercream off your list. The true hero here is the peppermint punch that you get from not one, but two LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffles in each cupcake! One baked into the cupcake batter and the other on top of the Candy Cane Buttercream frosting. The flavor screams Christmas and home for the holidays!
This recipe is so fun because you get to stuff the cupcake batter with a LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffle. Once you bake it the peppermint cookie adds a crunch at the bottom of the cupcake for an added texture and surprise in every bite. And if you bite into the cupcake while still slightly warm, you will see the molten chocolate lava effect ooze out! Yum!
Chocolate stuffed and chocolate topped cupcakes? Yes please! Let’s dive into the recipe..
Note: Cupcake Recipe yields 24 cupcakes, while Butter Cream Recipe yields 12. If you plan to bake all 24 cupcakes with the batter, then you will need to double the Butter Cream Recipe.
Note: The LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffles that are used inside of the cupcakes will melt and leave a peppermint crunch at the bottom of the cupcake when cooled. If eaten warm, you will see a molten lava effect.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 bag LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffles
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 ½ cups confectioner sugar
- ½ cup crushed candy cane baking pieces
- 1 ½ tsp Peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in vegetable oil and milk until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while stirring.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Add warm water and stir until the mixture is well combined
- Fill prepared liners halfway full.
- Unwrap and place 1 LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffle in the middle of each filled liner. (It will be showing through the top of the batter and that is ok!)
- Bake at 350F for 19-22 minutes (use the toothpick test to check)
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until well combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, peppermint extract and candy cane pieces. Beat until combined.
- Using a spreading knife or piping bag, top cooled cupcakes with the buttercream.
- Top with an additional LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffle.
How would you bake for the holidays with LINDOR Milk Peppermint Cookie Truffles?