This week I have been on a casserole kick. The convenience of little prep work and then throwing everything into one dish and then the oven, seems to be the only cooking I have time for these days. With that being said we are currently on our second casserole of the week!
In my opinion, there really isn’t anything better than good ole comfort food. My husband always talks about growing up with his mother’s chicken casserole dishes and so I wanted to treat him to something similar. (He is currently on his second, GIANT serving as I type!)
This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is packed full of chicken, vegetables and two layers of flakey crescent rolls. Yes – two!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, diced
- 12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
- 2 cup Frozen Diced Potatoes, thawed
- ½ cup Frozen Onion
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 tsp Ole Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Dice chicken into small cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 11×13? baking dish.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared disk. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown, then allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken cubes, onion, water, potatoes and peas and carrots.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
- Add soup and poultry seasoning and continue heating for another 5 minutes. If sauce looks too thick, slowly add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly.
- Unroll other can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!