This Champagne Buttercream Frosting is a delicious way to add a boozy punch to all of your celebratory occasions!
Not only is buttercream easy to make, but it doesn’t require a ton of time, ingredients or baking experience. This recipe requires only 3 ingredients and can all be mixed by a stand mixer. (Here is the stand mixer that I use)
I have always enjoyed baking with different booze, but when it’s New Years Eve (or other occasions to celebrate), champagne is a must! I added champagne into regular vanilla box cake (cupcakes) and again into the buttercream so you get that pop, fizz, clink in each bite.
For those wondering, I used a brut champagne. The cheap stuff works just as well as any.
- 2 sticks butter (unsalted)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp champagne
- In a stand mixer, cream the sticks of butter.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time while stand mixer is on medium.
- Once all powdered sugar has been incorporated, mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Add champagne and beat on high for 2 additional minutes (be careful not to over-mix).
Happy New Year to all, I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed 2o19!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links and I could make a small commission. Thank you for supporting the brands who help make this site possible.