Now that holiday baking is behind us and the chaos of the new year is all around, I am all about simple and easy. Whether we are entertaining, watching football or looking for quick meals while we are on the go, it has to be easy in order for me to keep my sanity!
This Caprese Pesto Dip is no exception, simple ingredients, quick prep time and quick bake time.
Appetizers are the way to go for football parties, so this Caprese Pesto Dip will be a great recipe to entertain your guests. It can be paired with veggies, crackers or a french baguette like we did here. We sliced a french baguette and threw them on the panini press for a crispy texture and yummy bite.
I also love that this dip bakes so well in cast iron skillets. Baking them in these little ones give each of your guests their own for small gatherings or they are perfect for sharing during at home date night.
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz pesto
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 6-8 medium cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, soften the cream cheese for 1 minute.
- Add mozzarella, parmesan, pesto and mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
- Add a tbsp at a time of olive oil to skillets.
- Spread dip evenly in 2- 6.5 inch cast iron skillets or oven-safe dish.
- Slice the tomatoes into small slivers (or dice) and place evenly over the dip.
- Bake dip for 25 minutes or until sides touching the skillet or browning or crisp.
- Top with fresh (chopped) basil.