My 2020 Cookie Week continues with recipe #4 – Candy Cane Kiss Cookies!
You can’t have Christmas baking without some sort of peppermint flavor. If you are a fan of mint, you’ll love these! Jared, who isn’t the biggest peppermint fan even said these were pretty darn good, so I guess that counts for something.
Every year I have Peanut Butter Blossoms on my Christmas baking list and these are a more festive version of those. I took a sugar cookie base (instead of peanut butter cookie) and swapped traditional Hersey’s Kisses with their Candy Cane Kisses.
They are perfect for Christmas cookie trays and gifting cookie plates to friends and neighbors!
Let’s dive in..
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- extra sugar for rolling the dough
- 1 Bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Using stand mixer or hand mixer cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture and milk to the wet mixture until well combined.
- With hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the extra sugar. Place the balls on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While baking, remove wrappers from kisses, then set aside.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes. Press a candy kiss into the middle of the cookies. Let cool for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!