It’s the first Buckeye gameday of the year! Hallelujah, football is back!
The pups have their Ohio State jerseys on and I am snacking on these Buckeye Bars (popsicles), because even though we root for the guys in scarlet and grey, we live in the heart of the SEC and it’s still 90 degrees down here.
These popsicles were obviously inspired by our love for the Buckeyes. I took the concept of those little buckeye candies that we all love to eat and turned them into a creamy and refreshing frozen treat.
Before we dive into the recipe, I wanted to share the popsicle mold that I use. It is super easy to use and clean. My favorite part is that it comes with a collapsible funnel for pouring!
- 2 cups Lite Cool Whip
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup Nutter Butters, crushed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cool whip, milk, and peanut butter.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold. Place a wooden popsicle stick in each mold, then freeze for 3 hours.
- Dip each popsicle into melted chocolate then sprinkle crushed Nutter Butters on top. Place back in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Serve & Enjoy!