Blueberry season is in full swing and I couldn’t be happier! They are my favorite fruit to bake with for breakfast and dessert recipes.
After the fresh blueberries, the best part of this Blueberry Crumble Muffin recipe is the homemade crumble topping. Crumble topping is so fun to make and I love that it adds extra texture to my favorite baked goods.
This is a large batch recipe because I needed to use up the remaining flour inside of my flour jar to make way for a new bag so it yields 24 regular sized muffins. However, the recipe can be cut in half to yield 12 muffins.
Another great thing about this recipe is that they last through the week. You can enjoy them for Sunday breakfast and then pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to enjoy on your way out the door for the remainder of the week.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs & sugar until combined.
- Then whisk in yogurt, vegetable oil & vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour, baking powder & salt.
- In a separate, small bowl - combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries & 1 tbsp flour & toss to coat.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Add batter into greased/sprayed muffin pan filling each 2/3 full.
- Add remaining blueberries to the top of the batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine crumble ingredients and rake with a fork until a wet sand consistency.
- Generously top with crumble.
- Bake 19-23 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then serve warm.