These Blueberry Chia Muffin Energy Bites taste just like blueberry muffins! They are a quick and easy homemade snack for when you are on the go or need a hit of energy to get through an activity or work day.
Energy Bites are packed with nutrients that are high in protein, and are a good source of healthy carbs, fats, and fiber. When eaten in moderation, they are essentially a guilt-free snack that helps build lean muscle mass and gives you an energy boost.
I personally love having homemade Energy Bites on hand because they are the perfect grab and go snack for pre-workouts, post-workouts, mid-afternoon slumps, traveling or snacks between meals. I recently made 60 Energy Bites (5 different flavors) in under 60 minutes and they can be refrigerated for up to one week and then frozen for 2-3 months. That is a short amount of time for 2 months-worth of snacks!
Additionally, these Energy Bites are favored by both children and adults and they are so easy to make that your little helpers can help you prepare them. All ingredients can be mixed in one bowl!
This particular flavor brings the flavor of a classic blueberry muffin, but without all of the baking and sugar. Let’s dive in..
- 1 cup old fashioned oat, dry
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt (or salt)
- In medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30-45 minutes.
- Scoop mixture with cookie scoop, then roll into 1½ - 2 inch balls with hands. (Add 2 tbsp of additional almond butter if the balls are not binding well.)
- Refrigerate, covered for up to 7 days or freeze for 2-3 months.
What flavor do you want to see next?