My husband and I recently had an at-home date night where we concocted a bunch of cocktails from the alcohol we already had on the bar cart and other ingredients that we had in the refrigerator. (BTW – such a fun date night idea.) We must have made 8 different drinks, but THIS is one that had my taste buds going crazy more than all of the others. We gave the Moscow Mule a makeover and it was the best thing ever – the flavor is out of this world!
It’s my new go-to drink at home and is too yummy not to share. Introducing the Blackberry Coconut Moscow Mule. YUM!
Here’s what you will need:
- Fresh Blackberries
- Fresh Lime or Lime Juice
- Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
- Cream of Coconut (I prefer Coco Real Cream of Coconut)
Here’s how to make it:
- Muddle 8 to 10 blackberries in the bottom of a copper Moscow Mule mug.
- Fill with ice, then set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, 2 shots of vodka, 2 tbsp. of lime juice, 2 cups of ginger beer or ginger ale and 2-3 tbsp. cream of coconut.
- Mix/shake ingredients in the cocktail shaker.
- Pour contents of the cocktail shaker into the Moscow Mule mug.
- With a spoon or drink stirrer, stir the muddled blackberries with the other drink ingredients.
- Garnish with blackberries and a lime wedge
- Drink and enjoy!